An invention has to make sense in the world it finishes in, not in the world it started.
Introduction to 3D Printing for Kids
Learn the art of 3D Design, Modelling and Printing in this fun class for kids age 10+. Not sure if your child would like classes at Computhink? Sign up for your special 2-day (6 hours) introduction class and let your child unleash their creativity and bring home their own 3D model home as a souvenir.
- For Kids Age 10+
- Learn about 3D Printing Technologies, Software, Hardware and Apps
- Learn to create a 3D Model and print out their own design
- Bring home their own 3D Model as a souvenir
- 2-Day (6 Hours) special introductory class for students
Here’s what your child will experience in the introductory class
- Learn about 3D Printing and the technology behind it, and what it can be used for
- Hands-on Session on operating the 3D Printer
- Hands-on 3D design with professional 3D Design Software
Attending the introductory class will help your child:
- Experience what 3D Printing is, and how it can be used to make useful things
- Encourage your child to want to learn how things work and develop a creator mindset
- Discover if the 3D design and STEM is a skill that your child would like to learn.
- Inspire your child to want to learn more and create their own 3D models!
If your child is 10+ old, now is the best time to let him or her have a headstart in STEM!
Sign up your child now for the special 2-Day (6-hour) holiday class and have fun making things at Computhink (www.computhink.com.sg)!
Register for the Introduction to 3D Printing Class and find out how your child can benefit from learning at Computhink!
3 hours per day
* Minimum 4 to start
Age 10 & above
None required. These classes are meant for beginners.
Computhink Kids SG
203 Hougang Street 21
3d Printing Intro
March Holiday Camps
Monday and Tuesday
For age 10+
for 2-day class (3 hour per day)
**20% early bird discount before March-17th**
Choose ticket option 'EarlyBirdDiscount_Mar17' during registration.
Move on to our Weekly PythonThinker Class and advance your real-world programming skills!
Maximum learning in small classes
All our classes are kept small to ensure maximum attention to your child's learning needs. By keeping the class small, we ensure that each kid gets the guidance and coaching he or she needs to bring their imagination to life through programming. Besides allowing us to get to know your kid better, we also encourage the kids in our classes to get to know one another and this is better facilitated in a small group setting.
Hands-On Activity-Based Learning
We believe that kids learn best when they do it themselves in a fun environment. That is why we ensure that each kid is given a laptop to work their own respective projects and try their hand in the programming projects and activities. It is heartening each time we see the kids beaming and being proud of themselves when they get the code to work as they want it to.
Our Teaching Philosophy
This idea that kids will learn anything that they want to, when they are given the freedom to create, inspires and drives our teaching philosophy. In this, we are influenced by the work of Sugata Mitra (Educational Researcher) whose research demonstrates the effect that a child’s innate curiosity and interest have on learning complex subjects outside the normal school environment. At Computhink, we adopt a 3-pronged approach to teaching kids which is guided by these 3 questions by the child: (1) What can I do?; (2) How can I do it?; and (3) What else can I do?
Follow-On Mastery Classes
Frequently Asked Questions
Why Learn Python® Programming?
What is Python®?
What is Python® used for?
- Web and Internet development (e.g. Dropbox, Survey Monkey, Bitly)
- Scientific and Numeric programming, data analysis and modeling (e.g. in forecasting earthquakes)
- Desktop applications (e.g. in 3D animation for films)
- Networking and System Administration (e.g. OpenStack in cloud computing)
- …and much much more!