Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
PythonThinker Introduction to Programming for Kids
Not sure if your child is ready for Python Programming at Computhink Kids? Register for our special 3-hour introduction class, and let your child learn about Coding and Algorithms in the Python Programming Language!
- Learn to Code in Python for Kids age 11 and above.
- 3-hour special introductory class for students new to Python Programming
- Students can join the weekly regular PythonThinker Programming Classes after this
Here’s what your child will experience in the introductory class
- Learn what Python Programming is, and how to write, test, edit and run Python Programs
- Learn how to use Python Code to control Minecraft
- Learn basic Python Programming Syntax (i.e. code vocabulary and grammar!)
- Code Python Programs to interact with Minecraft
- Be guided by our experienced programmer trainer (MOE-registered) throughout
Attending the introductory class will help your child:
- Experience what Python Programming is, and how it can be used professionally to solve problems and create solutions.
- Encourage your child to want to learn how things work and develop a creator mindset
- Discover if programming is age-appropriate and if it’s a skill that your child would like to learn.
- Inspire your child to want to learn more and create their apps and programs!
If your child is 11+ old, now is the best time to let him or her have a headstart in programming!
Sign up your child now for the special 3-hour holiday class and have fun programming at Computhink (www.computhink.com.sg)!
Register for the Introduction to Coding Class and find out how your child can benefit from learning programming at Computhink!
3 hours per class
Max. 6 students per class
Age 11 & above
None required. These classes are meant for beginners.
Laptops will be used and provided for each kid. If you would like to bring your own laptop (Windows 7 and above only), do let us know in advance!
Students should have their own Minecraft (PC version) login user id and password. We will also help to provide the Minecraft ID on request.
Computhink Kids SG
203 Hougang Street 21
March Holiday Camps
Tuesday or Thursday
For age 11 and above
for 1-day class (3 hours)
**20% early bird discount before March-17th**
Choose ticket option 'EarlyBirdDiscount_Mar17' during registration.
Move on to our Weekly PythonThinker Class and advance your real-world programming skills!
Maximum learning in small classes
All our classes are kept small to ensure maximum attention to your child's learning needs. By keeping the class small, we ensure that each kid gets the guidance and coaching he or she needs to bring their imagination to life through programming. Besides allowing us to get to know your kid better, we also encourage the kids in our classes to get to know one another and this is better facilitated in a small group setting.
Hands-On Activity-Based Learning
We believe that kids learn best when they do it themselves in a fun environment. That is why we ensure that each kid is given a laptop to work their own respective projects and try their hand in the programming projects and activities. It is heartening each time we see the kids beaming and being proud of themselves when they get the code to work as they want it to.
Our Teaching Philosophy
This idea that kids will learn anything that they want to, when they are given the freedom to create, inspires and drives our teaching philosophy. In this, we are influenced by the work of Sugata Mitra (Educational Researcher) whose research demonstrates the effect that a child’s innate curiosity and interest have on learning complex subjects outside the normal school environment. At Computhink, we adopt a 3-pronged approach to teaching kids which is guided by these 3 questions by the child: (1) What can I do?; (2) How can I do it?; and (3) What else can I do?
Follow-On Mastery Classes
Frequently Asked Questions
Why Learn Python® Programming?
What is Python®?
What is Python® used for?
- Web and Internet development (e.g. Dropbox, Survey Monkey, Bitly)
- Scientific and Numeric programming, data analysis and modeling (e.g. in forecasting earthquakes)
- Desktop applications (e.g. in 3D animation for films)
- Networking and System Administration (e.g. OpenStack in cloud computing)
- …and much much more!