5-Day Holiday Camp
Daily Coding Projects
Small Class Size
Max. 6 Students
to 1 Instructor
(Min. 2 to start a class)
Onsite Camp: Computhink@TPYLibrary /
Online Camp: Zoom Virtual Classroom
Laptops will be provided for students attending onsite classes
At Computhink, we believe that Python is the best text-based programming language to start learning for beginners age 11+.
The Python Programming language syntax has easy to read syntax that is almost like English and is tested in O and A Level Computing. Python is also one of the most popular languages used by programmers all over the world, especially in the field of Data Science and Artificial Intelligence.
Joining this camp will help students learn the basics of Python language and help them gain essential Computational Thinking skills that would be helpful to whatever subjects they will learn in the future. This camp has an in-built hackathon competition where students write python code and pit their coding skills against their classmates and other campmates in a global arena.
Day 1: Introduction to Python and Code Combat
- Introduction to Replit IDE and Code Combat Interface
- Learn about String, Integer Variable Types
- Learn about Code Sequences and Loops
Day 2: Variable Types and Loops
- Introduction to String, Integer Variable Types
- Introduction to For Loops and range()
- Introduction to While True Loops
Day 3: Conditional Logic
- Learn about Boolean conditions
- If-elif-else Conditions
- Make decisions in code using conditions
Day 4 & 5: Hackathon!
- Learn about Functions()
- Code Combat Hackathon Training
- Final Code Combat Hackathon
For Ages 11 to 16
May 30th 2022 – June 24th 2022
Camp Slots (Onsite Classes):
5-Day Camp, 2 Hours/Day (Monday – Friday)
Camp 1A (Onsite)
Camp 1B (Onsite)
Camp 2A (Onsite)
Camp 2B (Onsite)
Camp 3A (Onsite)
Camp 3B (Onsite)
Camp 4A (Onsite)
Camp 4B (Onsite)
Camp Slots (Online Classes):
5-Day Camp, 2 Hours/Day (Monday – Friday)
Camp 1A (Online)
Camp 1B (Online)
Camp 2A (Online)
Camp 2B (Online)
Camp 3A (Online)
Camp 3B (Online)
Camp 4A (Online)
Camp 4B (Online)
* Onsite Classes will be held at our centre located at Toa Payoh Library (Side Entrance),
* Online Classes will be conducted via our Virtual Zoom Classrooms.
– Last updated: 24 Feb 2022 –
$490 (5% off!)
* Use code early5 upon checkout. Promo ends 31 May.
**If registering for more than 1 student, please contact us for buddy discount.
Send us a message via Whatsapp
The PythonThinker Hackathon Coding Camp is a specially curated camp for the school holidays. Students will learn Python Programming and pit their coding skills against each other in a virtual arena hackathon.
On each day of the camp, students will be taught new programming concepts, and practice how to apply them in their daily coding challenges. Students will be grouped into classes with similar ages and capabilities. Class sizes are kept small at 6 students per class to ensure teachers can spend time helping individual students.
1. Computhink Student Portal
Computhink Student Portal is Computhink’s proprietary system for our student’s learning needs, where students will log in every day, and find notes, exercises, short videos, and video recordings explaining concepts for the day.
2. Onsite Classes / or Online Classes
Onsite Classes are conducted with Safe Distancing Measures in place in our spacious classrooms in Computhink.
*In the event of any disruptions due to COVID-19, classes will be switched to Online mode using Zoom.
Dedicated Online Classes are conducted on Zoom Virtual Classrooms. Logon and account instructions will be emailed to you.
3. Online Coding Platform
No installation required, all programming tools used are online and free. This is where your child will have their own account, and where they will code their daily projects. Projects and accounts are stored online and accessible forever.
4. Python Code Combat Hackathon
Students will be taught the basics of Python Programming, and on the 4th and 5th day, they will be writing codes to “fight” their classmates in a virtual coding arena. Students who write winning codes will rise up to the top of the leaderboard.
These fun-based hackathons inspire our students to think further on how to hone their codes and encourage them to think out of the box to solve problems.
Here’s what your child will experience in the PythonThinker Hackathon Coding Camp:
Experience programming with real-life scenarios using a professional programming language.
Challenge themselves against their classmates in a fun-based hackathon.
Learn about the exciting world of technology, computers and the internet.
Be guided by our experienced and dedicated programmer trainers.
Spark curiosity and creativity and let your child create anything they want!
Attending the PythonThinker Hackathon Coding Camp will help your child to:
Experience what programming is, and how it is used professionally to solve problems and create solutions.
Encourage your child to want to learn how things work and develop a creator mindset.
Discover if your child has a talent for programming, and encourage them to specialise their talents in technology.
Inspire your child to want to learn more and create their own game and animation programs!
Let your child learn programming this school holidays!Learn to Code and Compete in a Global Code Hackathon
Sign up early and enjoy our early bird prices! Not sure if this class is suitable for your child?
Contact us via our web-chat below, or WhatsApp/Telegram us at +65 8858 6173
What Our Parents Are Saying
“Thanks a lot for delivering the class in a very interesting manner. My daughter is able to follow the class very well. This is definitely a good exposure, thanks for the impressive introduction!”
– Ms Lim
“This is a very good Coding School, both my daughter and son learned their coding and building computer here, the Instructors very patient and knowledgeable when comes to computer stuffs. Both my kids love to attend the class there. I will definitely go again.”
“Recommended! Good teacher .. good school. Daughter enjoying it! Even at home she keeps talking about it and asking for the next bootcamp. Keep thanking for the idea of sending her there!”
Is there any pre-requisites to joining this class?
Although this is a class for beginners, it is preferable if your child has some programming background (e.g. in Scratch or other platforms).
Do I need to prepare anything for the camp?
Onsite Classes: Laptops will be provided for students attending our onsite classes. You may bring along a jacket and a water bottle for your child.
Online Classes: Please make sure that your child has a working computer or laptop (Recommended system – CPU: Intel Core i3-3210 3.2 GHz / AMD A8-7600 APU 3.1 GHz or equivalent, RAM: 2GB), with a strong internet connection, and a working web camera.
- For the best virtual learning experience, it is recommended to have a second monitor plugged into your main computer. i.e. you have 2 screens. One screen is for viewing the teacher’s screen, and another screen is for your child to do their code.
- For younger students of the age 7 to 8, please have an adult within calling distance for the first 15-30 minutes of the class, as they may need help with how to operate a computer.
- Join the online session 10-15 minutes earlier. We will usually have the zoom session up 15 minutes before the class starts.
How are Online Classes conducted?
We have been conducting zoom virtual lessons for all our regular weekly students from Feb 2020 till now, so we are experts in making the online learning experience work for your child.
Here are the things we do:
1. StudentWeb Online Portal (LMS): All our notes, videos, assignments, zoom links are available online in our StudentWeb Portal. This is similar to the SLS that our MOE schools use, all our students will have secure access to the system for the camp.
2. Secure Zoom with Remote Support: We use the paid premium and secure version of Zoom with Remote Support enabled. When students need help, we can remote login to the student’s computers to help them. This is similar to how we would walk around the physical class to help individual students, so the support experience is the same.
3. Class Recordings: All online zoom classes are recorded and made available to students to view after the class. Students can review the lessons after, and replay parts of the lessons that they had problems understanding.
How many students are there in a class?
We maintain a small classroom size of maximum 6 students : 1 instructor for the best learning experience for your child.
Does my child need to attend the same time slot for each day?
Yes, students will attend the same time slot for each day of the camp.
Will there be any make up classes provided if my child miss a class?
We do not provide make up sessions, however, we do provide the class recordings and materials for any missed classes.
Do you provide a certificate upon completion of this course?
We provide every student with a certificate of completion at the end of the camp.
What is Python good for?
Python® has been around for more than 20 years and has many libraries that gives it a lot of functionalities, such as
- Web and Internet development (e.g. Dropbox, Survey Monkey, Bitly)
- Scientific and Numeric programming, data analysis and modeling (e.g. in forecasting earthquakes)
- Desktop applications (e.g. in 3D animation for films)
- Networking and System Administration (e.g. OpenStack in cloud computing)
- …and much much more!