2021 Holiday Camps:
PythonThinker 5-Day Camp
Suitable for Kids Ages 11 to 16
5-Day Camp, 2-Hours/Day
Learn to Code with Daily Coding Exercises and Projects
Recorded Lessons for After-Class Review
Join our Proprietary Online Learning Platform – Computhink Student Portal
5-Day Holiday Camp
Daily Coding Projects
Small Class Size
Max. 6 Students
to 1 Instructor
(Min. 2 to start a class)
Onsite Camp: Computhink@TPYLibrary /
Online Camp: Zoom Virtual Classroom
Laptops will be provided for students attending onsite classes
At Computhink, we believe that Python is the best text-based programming language to start learning for beginners age 11+.
The Python Programming language syntax has easy to read syntax that is almost like English and is tested in O and A Level Computing. Python is also one of the most popular languages used by programmers all over the world, especially in the field of Data Science and Artificial Intelligence.
Joining this camp will help students learn the basics of Python language and help them gain essential Computational Thinking skills that would be helpful to whatever subjects they will learn in the future. The class sizes are kept small at 6 students per class to ensure teachers can spend time helping individual students.
Day 1 & 2: Introduction to Python and Code Syntax and Loops
- Learn about the Python Online Coding Platform
- Learn about Turtle Graphics and Variables
- Learn about Code Sequences and Loops.
Day 3: Conditional Logic
- Learning about Conditions and If-Then-Else
- Make decisions in code using conditions.
- Using both Conditions and Loops for projects.
Day 4: Input() and Variable Types
- Learning about String, Integer and Boolean Variable Types
- Variable properties and to convert variables
- Using data variables in calculations and projects.
Day 5: Coding Mini-Programs
- Program Challenges and coding mini-programs
- Computational Thinking and Brainstorming Techniques
- Learn to plan, design and code a final project.
For Ages 11 to 16
Oct 18th – 21st 2021
4-Day Camp, 2 Hours/Day (Monday – Thursday)
Step 1: Choose a Camp
Camp 1. October 18th, 19th, 20th, 21st
Step 2. Choose a Time Slot
- Slot A. 9.00 am – 11.00 am (Onsite Class)
- Slot B. 12.30 am – 2.30 pm (Onsite Class)
– Last updated: 01 Sep 2021 –
* The October Camp is a 4-Day Camp with reduced fees. Camp Challenges/Activities have been reduced and adjusted to fit the 4-Day Camp Schedule.
$390 ($80 off!)
Early Bird Discount: Enjoy $80 Off!
*Limited to first 10 sign ups. Use code early80 upon checkout.
Send us a message via Whatsapp
For Ages 11 to 16
Nov 2021 – Jan 2022
5-Day Camp, 2 Hours/Day (Monday – Friday)
Step 1: Choose a Camp
- Camp 1. Nov 29 – Dec 3
- Camp 2. Dec 6 – Dec 10
- Camp 3. Dec 13 – Dec 17
- Camp 4. Dec 20 – Dec 24
- Camp 5. Jan 3 – Jan 7
- Camp 6. Jan 10 – Jan 14
Step 2: Choose a Time Slot
For Camp 1 – 4
- Slot A. 2.00 pm – 4.00 pm (Online / Onsite)
- Slot B. 4.30 pm – 6.30 pm (Online / Onsite)
For Camp 5 & 6
- Slot A. 9.00 am – 11.00 am (Onsite)
- Slot B. 12.30 pm – 2.30 pm (Onsite)
*Onsite Classes will be held at our centre located at Toa Payoh Library (Side Entrance),
Online Classes will be conducted via our Virtual Zoom Classrooms.
– Last updated: 01 Sep 2021 –
$490 ($100 off!)
Early Bird Discount: Enjoy $100 Off!
*Limited to first 50 sign ups. Use code early100 upon checkout.
Send us a message via Whatsapp
Here’s what your child will experience in the PythonThinker Holiday Camp:
Experience programming with real-life scenarios using a professional programming language.
Challenge themselves by coding one or more projects every day.
Learn about the exciting world of technology, computers and the internet.
Be guided by our experienced programmer trainer via our proprietary online learning platform.
Spark curiosity and creativity and let your child create anything they want!
Attending the PythonThinker Holiday Camp will help your child to:
Experience what programming is, and how it is used professionally to solve problems and create solutions.
Encourage your child to want to learn how things work and develop a creator mindset.
Discover if your child has a talent for programming, and encourage them to specialise their talents in technology.
Inspire your child to want to learn more and create their own game and animation programs!
Help your child learn practical programming skills this Holidays!
Sign up early and enjoy our early bird prices! Not sure if this class is suitable for your child?
Contact us via our web-chat below, or WhatsApp/Telegram us at +65 8858 6173
The PythonThinker Camp is a specially curated camp for the Holidays. We want to help engage children in a challenging and fun way during their holidays.
On each day of the camp, students will be taught new programming concepts, and practice how to apply them in their daily coding challenges. Students will be grouped into classes with similar ages and capabilities. Class sizes are kept small at 6 students per class to ensure teachers can spend time helping individual students.
1. Computhink Student Portal
Computhink Student Portal is Computhink’s proprietary system for our student’s learning needs, where students will log in every day, and find notes, exercises, short videos, and video recordings explaining concepts for the day.
2. Onsite Classes / or Online Classes
Onsite Classes are conducted with Safe Distancing Measures in place in our spacious classrooms in Computhink.
*In the event of any disruptions due to COVID-19, classes will be switched to Online mode using Zoom.
Dedicated Online Classes are conducted on Zoom Virtual Classrooms. Logon and account instructions will be emailed to you.
3. Online Coding Platform
No installation required, all programming tools used are online and free. This is where your child will have their own account, and where they will code their daily projects. Projects and accounts are stored online and accessible forever.
4. Challenges and Assessments
Students will be given coding challenges throughout their 5 days to test their understanding. Our lessons are enquiry based to help your child learn better.
Students will be tested on their understanding via quizzes/ assignments/challenges to ensure they are following well.
What Our Parents Are Saying
“Thanks a lot for delivering the class in a very interesting manner. My daughter is able to follow the class very well. This is definitely a good exposure, thanks for the impressive introduction!”
– Ms Lim
“This is a very good Coding School, both my daughter and son learned their coding and building computer here, the Instructors very patient and knowledgeable when comes to computer stuffs. Both my kids love to attend the class there. I will definitely go again.”
“Recommended! Good teacher .. good school. Daughter enjoying it! Even at home she keeps talking about it and asking for the next bootcamp. Keep thanking for the idea of sending her there!”
Is there any pre-requisites to joining this class?
Although this is a class for beginners, it is preferable your kid has some programming background (e.g. in Scratch or other platforms).
Do I need to prepare anything for the camp?
Onsite Classes: Laptops will be provided for students attending our onsite classes. You may bring along a jacket and a water bottle for your child.
Online Classes: Please make sure that your child has a working computer or laptop (Recommended system – CPU: Intel Core i3-3210 3.2 GHz / AMD A8-7600 APU 3.1 GHz or equivalent, RAM: 2GB), with a strong internet connection, and a working web camera.
- For the best virtual learning experience, it is recommended to have a second monitor plugged into your main computer. i.e. you have 2 screens. One screen is for viewing the teacher’s screen, and another screen is for your child to do their code.
- For younger students of the age 7 to 8, please have an adult within calling distance for the first 15-30 minutes of the class, as they may need help with how to operate a computer.
- Join the online session 10-15 minutes earlier. We will usually have the zoom session up 15 minutes before the class starts.
How are Online Classes conducted?
We have been conducting zoom virtual lessons for all our regular weekly students from Feb 2020 till now, so we are experts in making the online learning experience work for your child.
Here are the things we do:
- StudentWeb Online Portal (LMS): All our notes, videos, assignments, zoom links are available online in our StudentWeb Portal. This is similar to the SLS that our MOE schools use, all our students will have secure access to the system for the camp.
- Secure Zoom with Remote Support: We use the paid premium and secure version of Zoom with Remote Support enabled. When students need help, we can remote login to the student’s computers to help them. This is similar to how we would walk around the physical class to help individual students, so the support experience is the same.
- Class Recordings: All online zoom classes are recorded and made available to students to view after the class. Students can review the lessons after, and replay parts of the lessons that they had problems understanding.
How many students are there in a class?
We maintain a small classroom size of maximum 6 students : 1 instructor for the best learning experience for your child.
Does my child need to attend the same time slot for each day?
Yes, students will attend the same time slot for every day of the 8-day camp.
Will there be any make up classes provided if my child miss a class?
We do not provide make up sessions, however, we do provide the class recordings and materials for any missed classes.
Do you provide a certificate upon completion of this course?
We provide every student with a digital certificate of completion at the end of the camp.
What is Python good for?
Python® has been around for more than 20 years and has many libraries that gives it a lot of functionalities, such as
- Web and Internet development (e.g. Dropbox, Survey Monkey, Bitly)
- Scientific and Numeric programming, data analysis and modeling (e.g. in forecasting earthquakes)
- Desktop applications (e.g. in 3D animation for films)
- Networking and System Administration (e.g. OpenStack in cloud computing)
- …and much much more!