Do the difficult things while they are easy and do the great things while they are small.
A journey of a thousand miles, must begin with a single step.
ScratchThinker Programming for Kids
Join the June Holiday Special 4-day coding camp for beginners and kickstart your child’s journey into the exciting world of AI and technology!
- Learn to code for kids age 7 and above
- 4 day class from Monday to Thursday, 3 hours per day
- Suitable for beginners and young learners with minimal background in coding
- Hands-on coding and create amazing projects of games or animations.
- Students can join the weekly regular ScratchThinker Programming Classes after this class
Here’s what your child will experience in the holiday camp
- Learn what is coding and why it is essential for your child
- Experience how a programmer codes and how programs are created and tested
- Learn basic programming concepts such as code sequences, loops and conditionals (that all programmers use!)
- Code their very own game and animation projects and bring them home
- Be guided by our experienced programmer trainer (MOE-registered) throughout
The class is structured to be delivered over four days during the holiday period so that kids who are just beginning to learn how to code may have the initial close guidance and support for them to continue their learning journey.
Attending the introductory class will help your child to:
- Experience what programming is, and how it is used professionally to solve problems and create solutions.
- Encourage your child to want to learn how things work and develop a creator mindset
- Discover if programming is age-appropriate and if it’s a skill that your child would like to learn.
- Inspire your child to want to learn more and create their own game and animation programs!
- Introduction to Programming
- Basic Scratch Concepts and Scratch Interface
- Basic Computer Programming Concepts (that all Professional Programmers use!)
- Algorithmic Sequences
- Events and Event Handlers
- Loops, types of different loops and when to use them
- If-Else Conditions, nested if conditions
- Data Types and Data Structures, Variables
- Computational Thinking Processes
- Problem Identification and Formulation
- Problem Decomposition
- Algorithm Processes Design
If your child is 7 and above, now is the best time to let him or her have a headstart in programming!
Sign up your child now for the special 4-day holiday camp and have fun programming at Computhink (www.computhink.com.sg)!
Register for the ScratchThinker Beginner Holiday Camp and find out how your child can benefit from learning programming at Computhink!
3 hours per class
Max. 6 students per class
Age 7 and above
None required. These classes are meant for beginners.
Laptops will be used and provided for each kid. If you would like to bring your own laptop (Windows 7 and above only), do let us know in advance!
Computhink Kids SG
203, Hougang St 21
June Holiday Camps
Monday to Thursday
Morning or Afternoon Classes
For age 7 and above
June School Holidays
Monday to Thursday
Week 1: JUN 3, 4, 5, 6
Wk1a: Mon - Thu, from 9.00am to 12.00pm
Wk1b: Mon - Thu, from 1.00pm to 4.00pm
Week 2: JUN 10, 11, 12, 13
Wk2a: Mon - Thu, from 9.00am to 12.00pm
Wk2b: Mon - Thu, from 1.00pm to 4.00pm
Week 3: JUN 17, 18, 19, 20
Wk3a: Mon - Thu, from 9.00am to 12.00pm
Wk3b: Mon - Thu, from 1.00pm to 4.00pm
Week 4: JUN 24, 25, 26, 27
Wk4a: Mon - Thu, from 9.00am to 12.00pm
Wk4b: Mon - Thu, from 1.00pm to 4.00pm
*Updated 2019 Apr-01*
for 4-day class (3 hours each)
**15% early bird discount! **
For sign-ups before May-15 only. Choose ticket option 'earlybird_may15' during registration.
Move on to our Weekly ScratchThinker Class and advance your real-world programming skills!
Maximum learning in small classes
All our classes are kept small to ensure maximum attention to your child's learning needs. By keeping the class small, we ensure that each kid gets the guidance and coaching he or she needs to bring their imagination to life through programming. Besides allowing us to get to know your kid better, we also encourage the kids in our classes to get to know one another and this is better facilitated in a small group setting.
Hands-On Activity-Based Learning
We believe that kids learn best when they do it themselves in a fun environment. That is why we ensure that each kid is given a laptop to work their own respective projects and try their hand in the programming projects and activities. It is heartening each time we see the kids beaming and being proud of themselves when they get the code to work as they want it to.
Our Teaching Philosophy
This idea that kids will learn anything that they want to, when they are given the freedom to create, inspires and drives our teaching philosophy. In this, we are influenced by the work of Sugata Mitra (Educational Researcher) whose research demonstrates the effect that a child’s innate curiosity and interest have on learning complex subjects outside the normal school environment. At Computhink, we adopt a 3-pronged approach to teaching kids which is guided by these 3 questions by the child: (1) What can I do?; (2) How can I do it?; and (3) What else can I do?
Follow-On Mastery Classes
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Scratch Programming?
As kids create with Scratch, they learn to think creatively, work collaboratively, and reason systematically, which are all essential 21st century skills they must inculcate. Scratch is developed by the Lifelong Kindergarten Group at the MIT Media Lab. See http://scratch.mit.edu.
What is Scratch good for?
Besides the ease of learning a programming language, Scratch is also an active online community of kids all around the world learning and creating programs. Projects created are shared publicly, and aspiring coders can browse other student’s projects, view the code behind and even modify other student’s code.
How does attending the Beginner Scratch class help in laying the foundation for my kid’s future?
Developments in the fields of Artificial Intelligence, Mobile Connectivity, Big Data, and the Internet of Things, have raised the collective capabilities of these technologies and combined them into networked services that would soon render a number our current skill-sets obsolete. It used to be thought that computers and machines will only be able to replace jobs which are repetitive in nature, however, it is estimated that 40-60% of jobs will soon be replaceable by computers.
The ability to understand and write computer programmess will empower your kid with the skills to navigate, understand and perhaps create this computational future. In whichever profession that your kid may enter in the future, it is certain that programming and logical thinking skills would be a key part of it.
How does the Beginner Scratch class differ from the Scratch Coder class?
The Beginner Scratch class is the basic introductory class for students who did not have prior experience in programming. This is why we teach kids using Scratch, developed by MIT, which comprises visual blocks which kids can simply drag and drop, with minimal typing. In this way, kids can quickly create fun games and animations, while at the same time, learn basic computer programming concepts.
The Scratch Coder class is developed for kids who have attended the Beginner Scratch classes or are rather new to programming. The Scratch Coder class provides intermediate level instruction for kids to further their interest in programming and comprises many more activities and projects of progressive challenges so that kids can master the programming concepts through varied practice. The Scratch Coder class is only available weekly.
The Scratch Coder class is part of the Computhink Code Club which aims to expose your kids to various programming languages and provide regular weekly guided practice so that kids can continue to hone their programming skills.
What is the Computhink Code Club?
The Computhink Code Club pass will allow your kid to:
- Choose 4 classes of 1.5 hours each (Each pass gives a minimum of 4 classes to be utilised within a 3-month period);
- Select the preferred days according to the pass (Our classes are offered Mondays to Sundays to accommodate your busy schedules);
- Easily reschedule any missed classes (Can’t attend the previously scheduled class? No problem. Let us know to reschedule the class for your child within that week); and