Education is the kindling of a flame,
not the filling of a vessel.
Computer Science Teachers
Are you a Programmer who loves to teach?
Are you a Teacher who loves to code?
Computhink is a Programming School for Kids. We provide beginner to advanced level weekly coding classes and holiday camps for students from the ages of 7 to 16.
We believe that the ability to understand and write computer programs is an essential skill in an increasingly connected and digital world. Anyone can learn to program, and we aim to make it so.
We seek qualified candidates to join our teaching team. This is a permanent/ contract full-time position. Part-Time teaching positions are also available for suitable candidates
The ideal candidate keeps themselves updated on new technology, and is energetic and self-motivated to try new things. You are motivated, independent and a self-starter who loves being a role model for young kids age 7 to 16.
You will build your technical skill set, explore new coding libraries and frameworks, write new curriculum content, and keep your technical skills current.
- Research and develop new class curriculum, content and exercises for students. Review and improve on current content/ curriculum.
- Manage, maintain and develop in-house systems such as the e-Learning Portal, Sharepoint, Vimeo, Student Management System, Team Password Managers and others.
- Manage Parent-Teacher relationships and provide a wholesome learning environment for students.
- Lead and conceptualise projects to engage and educate the public on why programming classes is relevant for their children.
- Assist in Business Development and lead the conceptualisation, brainstorming and execution of internal and external events such as Coding Hackathons
- Teach Programming and Programming Concepts in small group classes for kids aged 7 to 16.
- Diploma or Degree in an Information Technology, Engineering, Mathematics or Science related field.
- Good programming background with a positive learning attitude.
- Experience with working with young children will be a plus.
Qualities we are looking out for
- You are a sharp thinker, can analyse problems well, and have the confidence to learn and try new things.
- You have a pleasant, positive and optimistic personality. You believe in doing things well in a personal and professional capacity.
- You are independent and work well in a small team setting or individually.
- You set a high standard for yourself and like to think of ways to improve things.
Why you should join us
- You are energetic and spirited and do not want to work in a mundane 9-to-6 job in a corporation.
- You want to contribute your skills in a meaningful way and take control of your time.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset and believe you can make a difference in your community.
5- Day Work Week (4 weekdays and 1 weekend)
Flexible Working or Work-from-Home options can be arranged as long as it does not conflict with teaching schedules.
- Code Sponsor – Sponsor up to 2 students to attend classes for free
- Staff discounts off class fees (for friends and families)
- Tech and Gym Allowances
- Workout Mornings and Flexi-Mornings
- Holiday Time Offs (during year-end and other holidays)
Send us an email with an updated resume to email@example.com
Maximum learning in small classes
All our classes are kept small to ensure maximum attention to your child's learning needs. By keeping the class small, we ensure that each kid gets the guidance and coaching he or she needs to bring their imagination to life through programming. Besides allowing us to get to know your kid better, we also encourage the kids in our classes to get to know one another and this is better facilitated in a small group setting.
Hands-On Activity-Based Learning
We believe that kids learn best when they do it themselves in a fun environment. That is why we ensure that each kid is given a laptop to work their own respective projects and try their hand in the programming projects and activities. It is heartening each time we see the kids beaming and being proud of themselves when they get the code to work as they want it to.
Our Teaching Philosophy
This idea that kids will learn anything that they want to, when they are given the freedom to create, inspires and drives our teaching philosophy. In this, we are influenced by the work of Sugata Mitra (Educational Researcher) whose research demonstrates the effect that a child’s innate curiosity and interest have on learning complex subjects outside the normal school environment.
Follow-On Mastery Classes
Our curriculum is constantly being updated by professionals to reflect the latest in the IT industry. Want to learn AI? We've got it! Develop a game of mobile app? We've got you covered!