Venue Phone: +65 8858 6173
Venue Website: www.computhink.com.sg
Computhink Zoom Online Classroom
Appendix 1: How we conduct Zoom Virtual Lessons
- To note, we have been conducting zoom virtual lessons for all our regular weekly students from Feb 2020 till now, so we are experts in making the online learning experience work for your child.
- Here are the things we do:
- StudentWeb Online Portal (LMS): All our notes, videos, assignments, zoom links are available online in our StudentWeb Portal. This is similar to the SLS that our MOE schools use, all our students will have secure access to the system for the camp.
- Secure Zoom with Remote Support: We use the paid premium and secure version of Zoom with Remote Support enabled. When students need help, we can remote login to the student’s computers to help them. This is similar to how we would walk around the physical class to help individual students, so the support experience is the same.
- Class Recordings: All online zoom classes are recorded and made available to students to view after the class. Students can review the lessons after, and replay parts of the lessons that they had problems understanding.
Appendix 2: How to prepare for Online Virtual Classes
- For the best virtual learning experience, it is recommended to have a second monitor plugged into your main computer. i.e. you have 2 screens. One screen is for viewing the teacher’s screen, and another screen is for your child to do their code.
- For younger students of the age 7 to 8, please have an adult within calling distance for the first 15-30 minutes of the class, as they may need help with how to operate a computer.
- Join the online session 10-15 minutes earlier. We will usually have the zoom session up 15 minutes before the class starts.
Appendix 3: Recommended System Requirements
- 1. CPU: Intel Core i3-3210 3.2 GHz / AMD A8-7600 APU 3.1 GHz or equivalent,
- 2. RAM: 4GB
- 3. A working web camera with a microphone
- 4. Excellent internet connection