Dear Parents and Computhinkers,
Merry (belated) Christmas and a Happy New Year 2021! This year has been extremely challenging, and we would like to thank all parents for your support for our online classes!
Announcements for 2021
Thank you for your patience on updates for the schedules and slots for the academic year 2021.
Here are 2021’s important updates:
1. 2021 Academic Calendar
(Click here to download -> 2021 Academic Calendar)
Below are the term dates for 2021. Our new term starts on 11th-Jan-2021 (Mon)
Term 1: 11 January 2021 – 29 May 2021
Term 2: 5 July 2021 – 11 November 2021
2. New Coding Modules and Topics added
(Click here to download -> 2021 Curriculum Overview )
- To serve our student’s learning needs better, we have tripled the size of our coding curriculum with an additional 28 modules and 224 topics!
- Amongst the new modules added are:
- 5 modules on MineCode where students will learn to code in a 3-d world with Minecraft Education.
- 10 Modules on CodeStudio where students will practice solving puzzles with code.
- 3 Modules on WebLab where students will learn how to code websites with HTML + CSS
- 7 Modules on AppLab where students will learn to code a WebApp with HTML + CSS + JS
- All the new modules will be offered to our regular coding lessons with no change to the fees.
- We now have coding content to guide a child’s coding journey from age 7 to 16.
- It is our aim to ensure that a child will be able to gain University-Level Computer Science Skills by the time he or she graduates from Computhink at age 16.
- All our modules and lessons follow the U.S. CSTA (Computer Science Teacher’s Association) Framework Guidance.
3. Updated Curriculum Roadmap
(Click here to download -> 2021 Curriculum Roadmap)
We have updated the curriculum roadmap to include the new modules and topics as highlighted in Point 2. In the new roadmap, students will be grouped by their skill level and age, and will automatically move to the next CodeThinker level upon completion of the academic year. The Curriculum Roadmap will cover students from the age of 7 to 16.
4. Updated Class Time Slots
(Click here to download -> 2021 Class TimeSlots)
As we are re-arranging the lessons and grouping students by ages and skill level, this will help ensure that the pace of the classes is the same and your child will progress at a similar pace as their peer group.
As such, there is a need to re-schedule time slots so that we can re-group students. We ask for your patience as we work out the schedules and will reach out individually to you to match your child’s schedule.
5. Term Fees and Discount
(Click here to download -> 2021 Fees)
Regular students enjoy a 30% discount for a full-term sign-up.
As mentioned in point 1, we will be continuing online lessons till March 2021, and moving to a new centre in Toa Payoh. To help ease any inconvenience, we are offering an additional 10% discount for all students who continue with us for Term 1 and Term 2 2021.
This is our last update for the year 2020.
See you next year in 2021! There will be no lessons until 11th-January, but I am still reachable via Whatsapp and email. If there is anything that is too long to read or confusing, do let me know and I can reach out to you to explain or clarify further!
Until the next monthly update, take care and stay safe! 🥰