“Do the difficult things while they are easy and do the great things while they are small.”
Small Class Size
Small & Individualised Learning
(Min. 2 to start a class)
Onsite Camp: Computhink@TPYLibrary /
Online Camp: Zoom Virtual Classroom
Onsite Camps: Laptops will be provided
Online Camps: Students will need their own computer with webcam & mic
2023 Mid-Year Holidays
29 May 2023 – 22 June 2023
$480 (4-Day Camp)
For Kids Ages 7 to 12
Beginner – Friendly
4-Day Camp, 3-Hours/Day (Mon – Thu)
*Onsite Classes will be held at our centre located at Toa Payoh Library (Side Entrance),
*Online Classes will be conducted via our Virtual Zoom Classrooms.
** If registering for more than 1 student, please contact us for buddy discount.
Send us a message via Whatsapp
Computhink provides the best-in-class coding enrichment classes for Singapore. Join Computhink this MOE (Primary & Secondary Schools) School Holidays for a fun Coding Class/ Holiday Camp in Minecraft, Scratch, Python or Roblox. The Minecraft Coding Education Camp is a fun coding class to learn coding in their favourite Minecraft Game. The Scratch Coding Class will teach you to code games or animations. Suitable for Primary School Students who are beginners to coding. Can’t make it for a 4-Day Camp? Join us for a 3-Hour Workshop instead!
In the Minecraft (Education Edition) world, we encourage our student’s innate curiosity and interest and assign them challenges that have to be solved by code. Students will write code to solve puzzles or build structures with a personal robot/ agent.
Joining this camp will help spark the interest in coding and computational thinking, and inspire students to want to try out their newfound skills. Students will learn the basics of coding and help them gain essential Computational Thinking skills.
Topic 1: Intro to Minecraft Education Edition & Loops
- Intro to Minecraft Education Edition (MCEE)
- CodeThinker Coding in MCEE
- Coding sequences using the Agent
- What is Loops?
- Building a block again and again
- Using loops for building projects
Topic 2: Data variables & If-else conditions
- What are Variables?
- Using Data variables in calculations and projects
- Conditions and If-Then-Else
- Making decisions in code using conditions
- Using Conditions and Loops
Topic 3: Loops and Nested Loops
- Understanding Loops and Nested Loops to code a structure.
- Loops Concept and Practice
- Using Loops to build repetitive structures
- Building Challenge 1
Topic 4: Final Build Challenge
- Diving Deeper into Data Variables
- Making decisions in code using conditions
- Using Conditions and Loops for Final Building Challenge
- Building Challenge 2
At Computhink, our teaching approach is enquiry based and our students are encouraged to think deeper and ask questions about what they are learning, and why they are learning it.
The best way to learn to program is to learn it the fun way! Students are taught scenarios and challenges that are age-appropriate and in topics they can relate to.
1. Computhink Student Portal
All Computhink Students enjoy the use of the Computhink Student Portal. The Student Portal is similar to the SLS use by MOE schools and is Computhink’s proprietary system for our student’s learning needs, where students will log in every day, and find notes, exercises, short videos, and video recordings explaining concepts for the day.
2. Hybrid Onsite Classes / or Online Classes
Students have the choice to attend their classes online or onsite. We support a hybrid learning model.
- Onsite Classes are conducted in our spacious classrooms in Computhink.
- Online Classes are conducted on Zoom Virtual Classrooms. Login and account instructions will be emailed to you.
3. Block Coding Platform
Minecraft Education Edition accounts are provided (free) for students during the camp. This is where your child will have their own account, and where they will code their daily projects.
4. Challenges and Assessments
Students will be given coding challenges throughout the 4 days to test their understanding. Our lessons are enquiry based to help your child learn better.
Students will be tested on their understanding via quizzes/ assignments/challenges to ensure they are following well.
Here’s what your child will experience in the Minecraft CodeThinker Camp:
Experience programming in a 3D environment with real-life educational scenarios using a block programming language.
Challenge themselves by coding one or more projects every day.
Learn about the exciting world of technology, computers and the internet.
Be guided by our experienced and dedicated programmer trainers.
Spark curiosity and creativity and let your child create anything they want!
Attending the Minecraft CodeThinker Camp will help your child to:
Experience what programming is, and how it is used professionally to solve problems and create solutions.
Encourage your child to want to learn how things work and develop a creator mindset.
Discover if your child has a talent for programming, and encourage them to specialise their talents in technology.
Inspire your child to want to learn more and create their own game and animation programs!
Is there any pre-requisites for joining this camp?
This camp is suitable for beginners and no prior programming experience is required.
Do I need to prepare anything for this camp?
Onsite Classes: Laptops will be provided for students attending our onsite classes. You may bring along a jacket and a water bottle for your child.
Online Classes: Please make sure that your child has a working computer or laptop (Recommended system – CPU: Intel Core i3-3210 3.2 GHz / AMD A8-7600 APU 3.1 GHz or equivalent, RAM: 2GB), with a strong internet connection, and a working web camera.
- For the best virtual learning experience, it is recommended to have a second monitor plugged into your main computer. i.e. you have 2 screens. One screen is for viewing the teacher’s screen, and another screen is for your child to do their code.
- For younger students of the age 7 to 8, please have an adult within calling distance for the first 15-30 minutes of the class, as they may need help with how to operate a computer.
- Join the online session 10-15 minutes earlier. We will usually have the zoom session up 15 minutes before the class starts.
How are online classes conducted?
We have been conducting zoom virtual lessons for all our regular weekly students from Feb 2020 till now, so we are experts in making the online learning experience work for your child.
Here are the things we do:
1. StudentWeb Online Portal (LMS): All our notes, videos, assignments, zoom links are available online in our StudentWeb Portal. This is similar to the SLS that our MOE schools use, all our students will have secure access to the system for the camp.
2. Secure Zoom with Remote Support: We use the paid premium and secure version of Zoom with Remote Support enabled. When students need help, we can remote login to the student’s computers to help them. This is similar to how we would walk around the physical class to help individual students, so the support experience is the same.
3. Class Recordings: All online zoom classes are recorded and made available to students to view after the class. Students can review the lessons after, and replay parts of the lessons that they had problems understanding.
Does my child need to attend the same time slot for each day?
Yes, students will have to attend the same time slot for each day of the camp.
Will there be any make up classes provided if my child miss a class?
We do not provide make up sessions, however, we do provide the class recordings and materials for any missed classes.
Do you provide a certificate upon completion of this course?
We provide every student with a certificate of completion at the end of the camp.
What is Minecraft Education Edition and what can you do with it?
Minecraft: Education Edition is an educational version of Minecraft specifically designed for classroom use. It is being developed by Mojang AB and Xbox Game Studios and contains features that make Minecraft easy to use in a classroom setting. With Minecraft Education Edition, students can:
- Collaborate on projects with classmates
- Document your work and share in class
- Play in a secure environment with your class community
Follow Us on Facebook to get Exclusive Offers and Latest Course Updates First!
New classes are added regularly!
Our classes are constantly evolving to stay relevant to include more languages, more platforms, and more software.